Further support for Scottish grassroots music venues
Grants of between £10K and £70K available for grassroots music venues
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 3 February 2021
In response to the impact that the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic is having on art and culture in Scotland, on December 20, 2020 the Culture Secretary Fiona Hyslop, announced an additional £4m in emergency funding for the Grassroots Music Venues Stabilisation Fund, delivered through Creative Scotland.
The purpose of the fund is to provide grassroots live music venues that were financially sustainable before Covid-19 with the funds to prevent permanent closure and stabilise until end June 2021.
Full eligibility criteria and further details are available on the Creative Scotland website.
Iain Munro, Chief Executive, Creative Scotland said:
“In these extremely challenging times, this additional £4m in support of Scotland’s grassroots music venues is enormously welcome. Grassroots music venues are a vital part of Scotland’s cultural ecology, developing music and audiences as well as supporting talent. They will play a vital role in Scotland’s cultural recovery as and when we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The awards for the first round of the Grassroots Music Venue Stabilisation Fund were announced on Tuesday 22 September, when £2.2m in emergency support was provided to 68 venues across Scotland.
Media Relations & PR Co-ordinator
Notes to editors
1. Eligible venues should ordinarily host a year-round programme of live music, with a significant focus on grassroots talent and have a capacity of under 600. However, applications will be considered from venues with capacities up to 1,000 on an exceptional basis if a significant grassroots focus can be demonstrated.
2. Two categories of venues will be eligible to apply for support:
Grassroots music venues that received funding in the first round of the Grassroots Music Venues Stabilisation Fund.
· These venues will be contacted directly by email with details of how to apply for funding. Applications from these venues open on Wednesday 25 January and close at 12 noon on Wednesday 3 February.
Grassroots music venues that did not receive funding in the first round of the Grassroots Music Venues Stabilisation Fund and have been assessed as eligible to apply following the submission of an expression of interest.
· The expressions of interest portal will open on Wednesday 20 January 2021 and will close at 12 noon on Wednesday 27 January 2021.
· If permission is given to apply, the deadline for applications is 12 noon Wednesday 3 February.
3. Scottish Government announcement of additional funding for Grassroots Music Venues, 20 December 2020.
4. Creative Scotland is the public body that supports the arts, screen and creative industries across all parts of Scotland on behalf of everyone who lives, works or visits here. We distribute funding provided by the Scottish Government and The National Lottery.
Claire Thomson, Media Relations & PR Officer, Creative Scotland M: 07747 606146 | E: email@example.com
Follow Creative Scotland: